Re: 2.6.39 kernel images [was: The Status page of Debian-Live is cryptic]

A Dimecres, 1 de juny de 2011 21:34:16, vàreu escriure:
> I guess the order will be a bit backwards for overlayfs. aufs allows
> to take N ro filesystems and merge them and put a readwrite filesystem
> on top (eg. tmpfs/A/B/C). You should be able to do tmpfs/A and
> (tmpfs/A)/B and ((tmpfs/A)/B)/C with overlayfs without copying
> anything anywhere but I am not sure how the resulting filesystem
> compares to what you would get by combining these with aufs.

have you tried your proposal ?
from my point of view, it will not work because overlayfs locks inodes in some
of his functions, therefore if a mount of overlayfs has an inode locked then
another overlayfs mount will be waiting for the same inode but it can not be
available until the current function had finished, the kernel wll detect this
uncoherent situation and print a dump.

Thanks

Jordi Pujol

Live never ending Tale