Re: The lack of aufs in Sid

> Hello, Right now, it looks like recent Sid images will not boot
> because the current kernel available in Sid (2.6.39-1) does not
> support aufs.  I know there was an option for using unionfs instead of
> aufs, but that one seems to be dead for good.  Does anybody have a
> workaround for that yet? I was thinking of trying to build a kernel
> package with aufs enabled, but I have no idea whether that would be a
> fool's errand.

Note that there is also some support for unionfs-fuse, i.e. using
user-space filesystem driver completely without kernel support.

Currently that support is broken.  I already submitted a patch, but
nobody seems to care enough about that feature to merge it.  If you want
to give it a try, have a look at the bug report:

and the patched live-boot that is available from github:

https://github.com/dvdkhlng/live-boot/

cheers,

David