Re: plymouth package issue

Hello,

Concerning the warning, are there official information about hardware limitations of Plymouth? We are interested in providing a nice boot screen for our distro targeting children (DoudouLinux), it is then important for us to be sure there won't be too many hardware configurations that fail to boot. As a workaround I saw that Splashy is back to testing/unstable, a backport may be a good alternative, although it may not show as early as Plymouth does.

Cheers,
JM. Philippe