multistrap in debian live and building rootfs

Dear DebianLive-Mailinglist,

I have noted that multistrap is listed on the rfc page in your wiki. I have built an mini project which uses multistrap to generate complete rootfs with a basic preconfiguration [1]. This is very similar to what debian-live does. Unfortunatly, debian live is not able to cross "build" (e.g. armel on amd64 host). Using multistrap would help to achive this. Furthermore, it is able to mix multiple repositories (this would help debian-live too).

Comment for RFC: So from my far point of view, you should consider supporting multistrap as replacement for debootstrap.

Kind regards,
Marcus

[1] http://gitorious.org/dockstar/emdebian-multistrap
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.embedded/6367