Re: How to include firmware images from non-free && debian installer

On 03/19/2011 12:53 AM, votdev@gmx.de wrote:
> I assume this is the wrong place because debian-installer still shows me the dialog to  plug a usb stick containg the missing firmware files. Is binary_local-includes the correct place?

for debian-installer, the package needs to be in two places, first, it
needs to be in the pool/ as a regular package (for that, use
binary_local-packagelists), and second, in order to avoid the d-i
question about firmware, it needs to be symlinked to /firmware or so on
the media (use binary_local-hooks for that). have look at the non-free
firmware regular d-i images from cdimage.d.o and replicate their content.

at some point, we'll make these things automatic in
lb_binary_debian-installer itself. patches welcome :)

Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/