Re: ext4 for live-rw?

On 03/18/2011 05:59 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
> Is ext4 a good choice for the live-rw partition?  I've been using ext2,
> but I recall reading some benchmarks that showed ext4 being faster (even
> with the journal, I think).

The example in the manual shows mkfs.ext4. I don't think there should be
any problem with it.

> If I use an ext4 live-rw on a flash drive, is it recommended to disable
> journaling?  (If so, any pointers on how to do that?).

Personally, I wouldn't bother disabling journalling, as even if it
somewhat shortens write life of the device, I don't think the
possibility of filesystem corruption is a good trade for going easier on
my flash drives.

Ben