Re: is it posible add a deb or udeb file to a usb debian live ?

2011/3/8 Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net>:
> On 03/08/2011 05:56 PM, Jose Luis Zabalza wrote:
>> I try with some hacking adding a deb or udeb file directly to USB
>> media pool directory
>
> debs for d-i pool can be put into config/binary_local-packages, udebs
> for d-i pool can be put into config/binary_local-udebs.

Thanks Daniel but files into config/binary_local-udebs don't run on my
2.11 live-build version. The package does not appear in the pool. But
this is not the case this time.
I have a theory to fix  "#598182 disabling live-installer doesn't
work" bug. I guess the problem is the lack of bootstrap-base udeb and
the tar, findutils and bash deb on live debian image.

To demostrate, I like get a daily-build into a USB pendrive, add
(hacking the image) these packages and boot.

Now I can insert the packages into the image (with the above method),
bootstrap-base.postinst is executed when live-installer/enable=false
parameter is set on boot prompt but debootstrap fail. On syslog I get
a message

debootstrap: ar: short read
debootstrap: zcat: short read
debootstrap: cannot execute mount

Do you remember a similar case on 2007?

Your suspected was a corrupt index,  I think I am good but I don't
know if I can do this.

Thanks again.

--
José Luis Zabalza