Re: live support for ext3 volumes > 1.8TB (2TiB)

On 02/05/2011 01:18 AM, Tim Legg wrote:
> I created it as 3TiB ext4 partition initially, and when I went to mount
> it, mount told me that it was a wrong fs type, bad superblock, missing
> codepage and many other dreadful things, even though it was created and
> mounted fine on Ubuntu 10.04.  I got the idea that Debian Live doesn't
> support ext4 as of debian-live-507-i386-lxde-desktop.img, so I used ext3.

no wonder if you used lenny. lenny (aka debian 5) was released in 2009.
you should use squeeze. (aka debian 6).

> Which gets me right to the point:  How do you mount this 3TiB ext4
> partition within Debian live.

this is not live specific, you mount it the same way as you always do.

Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/