Re: cannot create chroot/etc/debian_chroot: Directory nonexistent @ ubuntu

On 01/26/2011 08:03 AM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Also, make it your habit to "lb clean" between builds when you change
> your config, as most config changes alter things in both the chroot &
> binary stages, so they must be regenerated completely and cannot be
> reused from cached copies.

Er ... slight clarification. I shouldn't have said "cached" because
cache is something else entirely. The package cache will still persist
and *will* be used after an 'lb clean'. But if you don't 'lb clean',
then 'chroot' and 'binary' directories will still contain old stuff and
the stages that generate that material will be skipped (hence the error
messages that you encountered when you had wrong options or some other
failure in a prior build).

Ben