Re: keyb= cheatcode?

On 01/05/2011 02:18 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I find the gaming loanword "cheatcode" an annoying term that gives users the wrong
> impression. The implication is there is some hidden knowledge here that
> only the most advanced users may discover. In reality, all of these
> options are well documented.

absolutely.

i for one have tried to use 'boot parameter' constently everywhere. not
sure if it's the best word for it (technically it might be), but it's at
least much better than 'cheat code'.

i think to remember that the latter originates from knoppix.

Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/