Re: Re: [SOLVED] Some issues with live-build 2.0.7-1 in ubuntu mode

Hi and thanks Cody, you doing the patch is fine.

There are other important issues all be it simple:

1. For the udebs there must be a soft link to maverick and lucid ( or any other ubuntu distributions) in the directory: /usr/share/live/build/data/debian-cd that points to squeeze.

Without the link the installer will fail.

2. I also had to disable the gtk installer as vmlinuz and initrd.gz do not appear under current/images/cdrom/gtk for the debian installer in the ubuntu archives.

3. I also disabled the win32loader as this is kept in a different place in the ubuntu archive.

4. As far as the cd images are concerned they were simply accessed from the ubuntu archive and appear in the binary image. When I installed the install worked perfectly (in text mode, normal vga)
and was quite fast.

5. Oh one other thing the boot parameter cdrom-detect/try-usb=true is vital or else you will receive the message "could not load cd image.

Some notes for the install to work.
The partition on which the image is installed must be fat32 not ext4, ext3 or else the cd is not found.

The partition does not have to be first on the disk but must be the first one with a cd image on it as the search for cd images starts from 1 , 2, 3 etc and stops as soon as one is found. If the wrong one is found the message "no kernel modules found".

Please remember the link 1. above.
Thanks for all your help.
 Rob Key