Re: binary_local-packageslists

On 07/13/2010 02:27 AM, Vitaly wrote:
> It seems nothing special)
> I plan to make similar DVD Ubuntu from Debian.
> This is  utopia? )

a 'ubuntu like' dvd you can do with debian, and as far as i could see
when i last looked at an ubuntu dvd image, they do not have multiple
repositories on the dvd.

> Sometimes you need skype on LiveCD, but sometimes it is not necessary.
> To do this, I add skype to the list of packages binary_local-packageslists
> and add a repository in the "/ config / chroot_sources / source.binary":
> deb http://unofficial.debian-maintainers.org/ sid main contrib non-free restritsted
> and doing this all for the option - distribution squeeze.
> Result :
> Looking at the contents of the ISO, we see that skype already belongs to the general Debian repositories squeeze.

ok, makes sense and is a good idea.

i suggest we keep binary_local-packageslists as it is and we'll add
something like binary_local-repositories.

binary_local-repositories would have three config files per repository:

  foo.list: containing a list of packages

  foo.source: the deb line where to fetch the stuff from

  foo.gpg: the matching archive signing key so that the package
  downloads are verified.

the stuff would be put to something like /foo/{pool,dists}.

what do you think about that?

> Remove d-i from the assembly live iso ?

in above example, those repositories would be completely 'indepentend'
from d-i.

Regards,
Daniel