Re: built debian-live iso using Version: 2.0~a16-1, but cannot login when booting from the corresponding burnt DVD

see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=583485#20

> I therefore built and installed the sid version
> using the appropriate apt-src commands and dpkg --install for
>
> po4a
> debhelper
> live-helper

ftr: live-helper doesn't build depend on po4a, but on gettext. also, you
don't need to rebuild the sid version on lenny, you can install the .deb
just fine, it's just shell script.

> lh config -b iso -a amd64 -p kde \
> --debian-installer-distribution daily \
> --distribution sid \
> --mirror-bootstrap "http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/"; \
> --mirror-chroot "http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/"; \
> --bootstrap-flavour minimal \
> --debian-installer live

don't use --bootstrap-flavour minimal unless you're prepared to fix
things yourself. we don't use that actually.

> I also followed a recommendation in the FAQ and did the following:
>
> mkdir -p config/chroot_local-includes/usr/bin
> cp dexconf config/chroot_local-includes/usr/bin

counter productive on >= squeeze and live-config, don't do that.

> I can later install to disk if I
> like the result.

you might want to use --debian-installer live then.

> I am assuming that the use of
> "--debian-installer-distribution daily" is the correct thing to do to get
> the latest installer (once I am ready to use that to install to disk).

right, however, be warned that these can be quite broken at anytime.

Regards,
Daniel