Re: Few questions.

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 09:09:46AM -0000, fruity@freaknet.org wrote:
> Hello to the list,
>
> I just started using the live helper, I've browsed the wiki and the list
> archives but still couple of questions remains:
>
> 1) what is the option for having the less booting output as
> possible?(splash=silent?)

You could look into the "splashy" package.

> 2) I replaced gdm with slim as DM, without customization slim starts as
> normal but I can't login of course because my user does not have a
> password, so I set it for autologin = yes and default_user=myuser but then
> it does not start at all and there is no output errors neither logs, no
> lock or pid created in /var/run, nothing only init output "starting Slim",
> if I start it manually as root it just start, anybody have a clue how do I
> fix this?

The default user/password is live/live.  You can specify a different
default user in lh config, but I'm not sure if you can change the
default password.

> 3) how do I remove Install from the syslinux menu, I'd just like to have
> live(&failsafe), rescue and memtest86+

I'm not sure how to do it during the build, but you can edit the
syslinux menu after you've booted.  There's a syslinux directory
somewhere in the /live directory.  In there is the file you need --
live.cfg if I remember correctly.

-Rob