Re: suggest

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 09:06:34AM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 03:02 AM, Augusto Minoru Manaka wrote:
> > hello debian team!
>
> Hi,
>
> > 1) there could be a tool to include Linux on a second partition so would
> > be the first partition for winxp free to use it.
>
> for linux, there are multiple tools already available to do that job.
> don't know about windows though. even if there's nothing available for
> windows, which i doubt, it's not really a problem, just a minor
> inconvenience.. boot the stick once and do the setup of the second
> partition with linux.

I believe what the OP wants is for the Debian Live system to occupy the
2nd partition of the USB stick.  Windows, in my experience, only sees
the first partition of a USB stick.  So if you want to use the same
stick for Debian Live and for data that is accessible in Windows, you
need this:

/dev/sda1 - FAT32 data partition
/dev/sda2 - Debian Live
/dev/sda3 - live-rw partition (optional)

-Rob