Bug#597237: live-manual: includes non-free files
On 18 September 2010 21:08, Francesco Poli <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Yes, a flaw for this package for an *online* manual is that it would
>> be missing an image when read offline.
> user is just browsing what he/she thinks is an HTML manual included in
> an installed package... but anyway...
An online manual, it is not included in any other package - it is a
package for an online manual.
> html/stylesheet.css : you claim that those two non-free files are no
It is free and open source. Trust and claim ? These are harsh words.
> I can describe the patch in words: remove everything from the
> debian/copyright file, starting from line 44 up to the end of the
diff --git a/debian/copyright b/debian/copyright
index 653c931..fc25ff0 100644
@@ -19,143 +19,3 @@ License: GPL-3+
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License
can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3 file.
-Copyright: (C) 1999 Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
- Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
- this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
- the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
- use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
- of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
- so, subject to the following conditions:
- The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
- copies or substantial portions of the Software.
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
- IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
- FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
- AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
- LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
- OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
-Copyright: (C) 1999 Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
- This logo or a modified version may be used by anyone to refer to the Debian
- project, but does not indicate endorsement by the project.
-Copyright: (C) 1999-2009 Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
- Open Publication License
- v1.0, 8 June 1999
- I. REQUIREMENTS ON BOTH UNMODIFIED AND MODIFIED VERSIONS
- The Open Publication works may be reproduced and distributed in whole or in
- part, in any medium physical or electronic, provided that the terms of this
- license are adhered to, and that this license or an incorporation of it by
- reference (with any options elected by the author(s) and/or publisher) is
- displayed in the reproduction.
- Proper form for an incorporation by reference is as follows:
- Copyright (c) <year> by <author's name or designee>. This material may be
- distributed only subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open
- Publication License, vX.Y or later (the latest version is presently
- available at http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/).
- The reference must be immediately followed with any options elected by the
- author(s) and/or publisher of the document (see section VI).
- Commercial redistribution of Open Publication-licensed material is permitted.
- Any publication in standard (paper) book form shall require the citation of the
- original publisher and author. The publisher and author's names shall appear on
- all outer surfaces of the book. On all outer surfaces of the book the original
- publisher's name shall be as large as the title of the work and cited as
- possessive with respect to the title.
- II. COPYRIGHT
- The copyright to each Open Publication is owned by its author(s) or designee.
- III. SCOPE OF LICENSE
- The following license terms apply to all Open Publication works, unless
- otherwise explicitly stated in the document.
- Mere aggregation of Open Publication works or a portion of an Open Publication
- work with other works or programs on the same media shall not cause this
- license to apply to those other works. The aggregate work shall contain a
- notice specifying the inclusion of the Open Publication material and
- appropriate copyright notice.
- SEVERABILITY. If any part of this license is found to be unenforceable in any
- jurisdiction, the remaining portions of the license remain in force.
- NO WARRANTY. Open Publication works are licensed and provided "as is" without
- warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the
- implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or a
- warranty of non-infringement.
- IV. REQUIREMENTS ON MODIFIED WORKS
- All modified versions of documents covered by this license, including
- translations, anthologies, compilations and partial documents, must meet the
- following requirements:
- 1. The modified version must be labeled as such.
- 2. The person making the modifications must be identified and the
- modifications dated.
- 3. Acknowledgement of the original author and publisher if applicable must be
- retained according to normal academic citation practices.
- 4. The location of the original unmodified document must be identified.
- 5. The original author's (or authors') name(s) may not be used to assert or
- imply endorsement of the resulting document without the original author's
- (or authors') permission.
- V. GOOD-PRACTICE RECOMMENDATIONS
- In addition to the requirements of this license, it is requested from and
- strongly recommended of redistributors that:
- 1. If you are distributing Open Publication works on hardcopy or CD-ROM, you
- provide email notification to the authors of your intent to redistribute
- at least thirty days before your manuscript or media freeze, to give the
- authors time to provide updated documents. This notification should
- describe modifications, if any, made to the document.
- 2. All substantive modifications (including deletions) be either clearly
- marked up in the document or else described in an attachment to the
- 3. Finally, while it is not mandatory under this license, it is considered
- good form to offer a free copy of any hardcopy and CD-ROM expression of an
- Open Publication-licensed work to its author(s).
- VI. LICENSE OPTIONS
- The author(s) and/or publisher of an Open Publication-licensed document may
- elect certain options by appending language to the reference to or copy of the
- license. These options are considered part of the license instance and must be
- included with the license (or its incorporation by reference) in derived works.
- A. To prohibit distribution of substantively modified versions without the
- explicit permission of the author(s). "Substantive modification" is defined as
- a change to the semantic content of the document, and excludes mere changes in
- format or typographical corrections.
- To accomplish this, add the phrase `Distribution of substantively modified
- versions of this document is prohibited without the explicit permission of the
- copyright holder.' to the license reference or copy.
- B. To prohibit any publication of this work or derivative works in whole or in
- part in standard (paper) book form for commercial purposes unless prior
- permission is obtained from the copyright holder.
- To accomplish this, add the phrase 'Distribution of the work or derivative of
- the work in any standard (paper) book form is prohibited unless prior
- permission is obtained from the copyright holder.' to the license reference or