Re: LMDE Live-Process/Installer
On 09/15/2010 05:11 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> i'm downloading it right now and having a look at it. will probably come
> back with some more things :)
* i saw you're still using syslinux 3.x, updating to 4.x would give
you iso-hybrid images (which you'll automatically get by e.g. using
* i saw you're using simplemenu eventhough vgamenu looks so much
better, and is very easy to write the config for.
* splash seemed not to work eventhough you had 'splash' in the kernel
* you're image is based on live-initramfs 1.236.2-1 and live-config
2.0~a17. the current stuff works so much better, i hope you'll be
able to update soon :))
* the installer worked quite well, albeight it offers limited
features compared to debian-installer that i'm used to.
* the mintWelcome thing is very nice, i'd love to have this with
some debian specific hanes as live-welcome or something like that
in the archive.
otherwise.. nice preconfiguration of gnome, well done.
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist