Re: hook for timezone and sudo

>> I have been told by #debian-x that when you use VirtualBox, you should use virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 (include this in your package lists) so that vboxvideo will be used instead of vesa (but check /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if it does).

Thanks again Ben. Noted. Good to know.

On 29 August 2010 16:42, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
Robert,

On 29/08/10 06:29 AM, Robert Spiteri wrote:
>> Let's address that.  No, you shouldn't need an xorg.conf.  What was the video hardware?  Or did you do that in a VM?  Specifically, Virtualbox with lenny used the correct resolution and in squeeze it does not due to a bug I can dig up (if it is relevant to your case).  It should be fine on the real video hardware, though.

Yes I am testing in Virtualbox but didn't know about the bug. And I guess it's quite relevant to my case. The resolution doesn't go up more than 800 by 600. In Lenny it's great though as you said. Can you please elaborate about the bug, if possible? thanks
See this bug against the vesa driver:

http://bugs.debian.org/566153

I have been told by #debian-x that when you use VirtualBox, you should use virtualbox-ose-guest-x11 (include this in your package lists) so that vboxvideo will be used instead of vesa (but check /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if it does).

If you're still having problems even after confirming that vboxvideo is being used, then we have another problem with the vboxvideo driver (but I see no relevant bugs filed about this, so I am hoping this is not the case).

Ben

--
Robert
http://www.weavefx.com