Re: hook for timezone and sudo

>> --bootappend-live "timezone=Europe/Malta noroot"

noroot doesn't seem to work. I can still sudo su - from the console... any ideas?

On 27 August 2010 18:20, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 08/27/2010 12:35 PM, Robert Spiteri wrote:
I am also trying to code 2 hooks.

1. I need to modify the timezone to Europe/Malta since the live cd time is always 2 hours behind... (at least I think that is the problem)

you don't need a hook for this.  --bootappend-live "timezone=Europe/Malta" (see live-config(7) for valid append options

2. I need to prevent the live user to become root since the live cd will be used by students

you don't need a hook for this either.  add 'noroot' to your append options, so both of these together:

--bootappend-live "timezone=Europe/Malta noroot"

Ben

--
Robert
http://www.weavefx.com