Re: I encountered an error while mounting filesystem.squashfs...

On 08/01/2010 03:44 PM, 최준열 wrote:
> What I want to do is customizing original filesystem.squashfs(inside Debian
> 5.05 64bit LiveCD ISO image) and create new ISO file based on my new
> filesystem.squashfs file.

you should use live-helper for that. doing things manually is prone to
errors.

> #mount -t squashfs -o loop /tmp/DebianLiveCD/live/filesystem.squashfs ~/newsquash/
>
> But I encountered following error on Ubuntu:
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
> missing codepage or helper program or other error
> in some cases useful info is found in syslog - try .......

your version of ubuntu appears to not have a compatible version of
squashfs. if you go for lenny, you should use lenny to mount it (or
otherwise set the blocksize for the fs manually when mounting the
module, but don't know off hand if that's supported at runtime in
current squashfs).