Re: built debian-live iso using Version: 2.0~a16-1, but cannot login when booting from the corresponding burnt DVD

On 07/04/2010 01:24 AM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Old-fashioned control of Intel graphics via xorg.conf is still useful. For
> example, some Intel users are having severe trouble with modelines for
> monitors without correct EDID information so
>
> Option      "ModeDebug" "ON"
>
> is useful as well as other commands to specify the modelines and preferred
> mode exactly.

ok. this however is a bit out of scope/too specific to warrant a
bootparameter just for this.

the basic assumption is that, hardware wise, we're living in a perfect
world where everything works automatically. if it doesn't, you'll need
to tweek stuff anyway and there's not much way we can guess what and how
you have to tweek things to make it work, so we just make sure that e.g.
you can have your own xorg.conf, but not offer a gazillion of different
(and confusing) options to influence xorg.conf generation apart from the
basic things (keyboard and driver selection).

> the Intel stack on Debian
> testing with Intel g33 chipset has some rough edges (noticeable rendering
> errors in a few cases where a small piece of one window gets stuck to the
> wrong window and noticeable cpu effort required to scroll).

maybe this helps:
http://ikibiki.org//blog/2010/07/04/We_need_you_redux/

> Daniel, I thank you personally for your help with live-helper, and I would
> also like to thank you and the rest of the live-helper developers for
> making
> this relatively convenient Debian testing evaluation possible for me. I
> give
> you my best wishes for your continued development efforts on what is a
> really useful tool.

thanks, glad we could be of service.

Regards,
Daniel