Re: built debian-live iso using Version: 2.0~a16-1, but cannot login when booting from the corresponding burnt DVD

On 07/02/2010 02:57 AM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> What is the recommended way to write xorg.conf for >= squeeze?

there are only a few parameters with which you can influence the content
of xorg.conf, see man live-config (for keyboard and the driver, mainly).

> With Intel
> graphics I would like the capability to try various xorg.conf files even
> though sometimes you get lucky and don't need them. I think others with
> non-Intel graphics chipsets will also want xorg.conf write capability for

what excately would you want to change?

anyhow.. if you need to find out a working one, you'll build a normal
image, then test it until you've settled, and include it in your build
via config/chroot_local-inclues. live-config doesn't touch xorg.conf if
it's already existing.

> it should
> supplement the above FAQ recommendation for >= squeeze so others won't be
> mislead like I was.

yep, the stuff in the manual listed under 'other' is not yet updated for
squeeze.