fat32 data partition accessible to windows

Hello all,

first off, thanks to all those who contributed to this set of tools! I can't believe how much easier it is to do this now!
second, I know this isn't a specific live question, but I'm sure some of you must have run up against this.

I want to have an additional fat32 partition on my usb keyring so that my application can save its data there. Then when I reboot into windows I can put the usb keyring into the computer and get the data off the fat32 partition.

However, it seems I can't create an accessible partition! I've tried everything I can think of:

* create a primary fat16 partition - windows can see it but can't access it
* create a primary fat32 partition - same as above
* leave it empty and get windows to partition it - windows can'd create a new partition
* try an extended partition with logical drive - windows can see it but can't access it

How can it be this hard!??

Any advice/tips would be gratefully received!

By the way, this is for installation of my virtual graffiti system (http://www.instructables.com/id/virtual-graffiti/), so all people have to do is plug in the keyring and go - like a games console!

Matthew

--
Matthew Venn