Re: Put the USB images back for the final Squeeze release?

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 07:31:18PM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> was heard to say:
>   I noticed that the USB images are no longer available in the first
> Squeeze alpha.  Personally, I really liked being able to make a live
> Debian USB stick; moreover, I have a laptop that can't boot off a CD
> even if I made one.  While I assume this was just a temporary change
> to save time and space, I wanted to let you know that there is love
> out there for USB booting and at least one person will be sad if you
> remove that capability.

  So, I read some offhand notes on the Web about the ISOs being "hybrid"
files, e.g.: http://bugs.debian.org/558688

  I haven't been able to figure out how to use them, though; the only
obvious thing to try given the above URL, dd, didn't produce a bootable
image.  Maybe I'm supposed to use syslinux to make it bootable; haven't
had time to try this yet.

  Daniel