Live softphone USB key

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a live softphone USB key based on Debian Live.
I put together a configuration including standard-x11, icewm, alsa, twinkle and ekiga and produeced a 320MB image that boots OK.
I ha ve to solve a few problems:

- The resolution picked up by xorg is far too high, I would like to specify a lower resolution either at boottime or before I say startx.
- I would like to use the space remaining on the USB key as a user directory where the configuration information of the softphone program can be stored.
- Sound is not working altough it works flawlessly on the same machine with debian installed on the HD, I would like to know how to troubleshoot the problem.

Do you have any advice?

Thank you for your help.

Antonio Palamà

--