Re: 1TB USB HD doesn't boot

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 20:36, Kai Hauser <info@itd-hauser.de> wrote:
I have a 1TB external USB-HD and would like to have debian rescue as boot partition and the rest as ext3 partition.
I can't boot from the USB-HD. I tried the same image with my 4GB USB FlashStick and it worked.
Can anyone give me a hint how to get the usb-hd booting?

At what point in the boot does it fail?

If the system isn't even starting to boot you may want to go into your bios and try messing with the usb settings. I had to change the bios settings on my system to "hdd mode" to get my usb key to boot, so you may have to change something similiar to get your hdd to boot.

--
Romeo Theriault