Re: Broken documentation

Debian live is really great. But I agree with Brian concerning the documentation. When I started with Debian live it looks easy to create my own Debian live CD. But the more I went into details the more I found wrong descriptions in the manual and wiki or I found very short answers that were no help to me. I spent hours of trying to solve problems on my own and sometimes I capitulated. I think it isn't good always to go ahead with the technical functions of Debian live without an adequate manual for the users.

If I searched the internet for help I got problems with the keywords "Debian live" because Debian has it's own live CDs too. So I often couldn't find the answer to my problems. That's why I asked the mailing list - and I got always answers. Thank you to all of you.

I read the mailing list regularly but the answers are often too short for me to understand and to learn from other's questions. So more detailed answers would be a great help too.

So what do I wish? An up to date manual with detailed and tested descriptions. And that you keep on developing Debian live because it's fantastic.

Best wishes
Oliver

--
os.news@gmx.de <os.news@gmx.de>