Re: live-snapshot question (2)

Op 20100221 om 03:36 schreef Romeo Theriault:
> I'm hoping someone can help me understand how to use the live-snapshot
> feature. I'm unable to get it to recognize my live-sn labeled partition on
> the usb-stick.
>
> Due to a crash I was getting when live-initramfs was trying to mount some of
> the hard-drive partitions in the computer as persistent media sources I'm
> giving the following boot parameters, "persistent=nofiles
> persistent-path=/dev/sda2"  sda2 is the second partition on the usb flash
> key which I want to use for persistent snapshots. With these parameters
> added the system now boots. I make a simple change to the system then run
> "live-snapshot -d /dev/sda2". This seems to run fine, but when I do a reboot
> the changes I've made are not picked up, as it appears it's still not
> finding the snapshot.
>
> What am I missing here?
>
> Once I can get the system to recognize the snapshots, what should the
> standard process be to take snapshots? live-snapshot -d /dev/sda2 everytime?
> Where does live-snapshot --refresh come into play. Do I need any entries in
> /etc/live.conf?
>

> I'm using a standard lenny install and the version of live-initramfs is:
> 1.156.1+1.157.2-1
>
> Any help is very much appreciated.

Here is my attempt to help:

I do hope it _is_ help, because it are only questions.

How does the partition table of the USBmemorystick look?

Can you mount the /dev/sdX2? I say sdX because the testcomputer may have
a /dev/sda (and a /dev/sdb ( and /dev/sdc)) for itself?

When in the live system, what shows `mount`?

When in the live system, what is the output of `cat /proc/cmdline`?

Groeten
Geert Stappers