live-snapshot question (2)

I'm hoping someone can help me understand how to use the live-snapshot feature. I'm unable to get it to recognize my live-sn labeled partition on the usb-stick.

Due to a crash I was getting when live-initramfs was trying to mount some of the hard-drive partitions in the computer as persistent media sources I'm giving the following boot parameters, "persistent=nofiles persistent-path=/dev/sda2"  sda2 is the second partition on the usb flash key which I want to use for persistent snapshots. With these parameters added the system now boots. I make a simple change to the system then run "live-snapshot -d /dev/sda2". This seems to run fine, but when I do a reboot the changes I've made are not picked up, as it appears it's still not finding the snapshot.

What am I missing here?

Once I can get the system to recognize the snapshots, what should the standard process be to take snapshots? live-snapshot -d /dev/sda2 everytime? Where does live-snapshot --refresh come into play. Do I need any entries in /etc/live.conf?

I'm using a standard lenny install and the version of live-initramfs is: 1.156.1+1.157.2-1

Any help is very much appreciated.

--
Romeo Theriault