Re: RFC: live-initramfs 2.x features

Daniel Baumann wrote:
Philippe Lelédy wrote:
1) It would be nice to specify that internal disks are not to be used at
all, even read/only:

currently, if you don't enable swap nor persistency, internal disks
arenot used, except for searching the live-media.
And persistent partitions files or snapshots !
That's exactly what I would like to avoid.

2.1) break=all would be useful to debug initramfs. Currently you can
only have *one* breakpoint.

yes, major drawpack. i expect to get that solved by itself when we do
the whole live script from scratch. but added to the list to keep paying
attention to it.

Even better having break=extented regular expression  ?
I use that simple patch :

maybe_break()
{
-    if [ "${break}" = "$1" ]; then
+    if [ "${break}" = "$1" ] || echo "$1" | egrep -q  "${break}" ; then

2.3)  lzma compression

see mailinglist archives,
I was not speaking about squashfs using lzma (known and big issue !) but simply -- a little out of topic -- about a mkinitramfs issue: produce a lzma-compressed initrd. (depends on linux kernel version)

Ph.L.