Re: RFC: live-initramfs 2.x features

Philippe Lelédy wrote:
> 1) It would be nice to specify that internal disks are not to be used at
> all, even read/only:

currently, if you don't enable swap nor persistency, internal disks
arenot used, except for searching the live-media.

when we rework the searching procedures, we can make that easily possible.

> hdparm -Y /dev/sda gives you silence.

this is quite disruptive for just ignoring the disks.

> 2.1) break=all would be useful to debug initramfs. Currently you can
> only have *one* breakpoint.

yes, major drawpack. i expect to get that solved by itself when we do
the whole live script from scratch. but added to the list to keep paying
attention to it.

> 2.2) When at a break point, it should be clear what break point is reached.

of course.

> 2.3)  lzma compression

see mailinglist archives, this will be part of the next upstream release
of squashfs itself, so we'll get that sort of automatically anyway.

Regards,
Daniel