Re: RFC: live-initramfs 2.x features

1) For LiveUSB distributors.

I make up Live USB for my students with home persistency. All these Live USBs have essentially the same layout: home-rw on /dev/sdb2 and filesystem.squashfs on /dev/sdb3. I would like something like these cheatcodes

force-filesystem=/dev/sdb3 force-home-rw=/dev/sdb2

I understand that it's not robust at all, but for me, it is not an issue: it's easy to delete them in case they hurt (aka failsafe option)

In other words, liveUSB distributors know exactly where their stuff is, and it would be nice it it was possible to by-pass all the search.

I'm experimenting his feature by distributing a custom initrd which do no search at all.

2) persistent=home to bypass global persistence.

3) I would like to make frequent updates to all these keys I spread. An rsync at live-initramfs time would be nice. Stacking of little .squashfs files in live directory is enough for me to distribute small updates. I yet use these features but it needs a reboot.

Ph.L.