Re: aufs-modules still hiding somewhere?

Peter Daum wrote:
> The system the build process is running on uses lenny.
> Yesterday, "lh build" suddenly quit working - it aborts complaining about
> aufs-modules-2.6-686 missing. After some looking, I found bug report
> #562664,
> which sounded like my problem, and upgraded live-helper to the latest
> git version.

no, #562664 is about something completely different (and unrelated wrt/
to your problem).

> Unfortunately, the problem didn't go away: The build is still aborted
> with the
> message: "Couldn't find package aufs-modules-2.6-686". I spent hours
> searching,
> but can't find any reference to this package; after the failed build,
> there is
> a file chroot/root/chroot_packages containing among others
> "aufs-modules-2.6-686",
> but I can't find who writes this ...

your problem is that the prebuilt aufs-modules-* packages were requested
to be removed to early by the kernel team. until 2.6.32 migrates to
squeeze, you cannot build squeeze images. in the meanwhile, just pin the
kernel packages from sid.