Re: (last) call for patches to live-helper 1.x

hi,

one thing that has been mentioned on this list, but for which there
doesn't yet seem to be a good fix for is separating out the console and
x keyboard options. as previously mentioned by another poster if my
keyboard is latin american have the choice of setting
LH_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="keyb=latam" in which characters
specific to latin american languages work in X but not in console. on
the other hand if i specify the working console (which if i remember
correctly is "keyb=la-latin1") layout with the  LH_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE option
these characters do not work in X.

i don't have a patch, nor am i sure where to start hacking on this. for
the moment we are working around the problem by using "keyb=es" which of course is not ideal but seems to be as good as it gets. is it feasible to add and "xkeyb=" option for the various cases where there name of the layout differs between X and console? then i could do:

LH_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="keyb=la-latin1 xkeyb=latam"

our project[1], which is a lenny based live-cd targeted at latin-american users interested in streaming audio, would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
kevin

1. http://wiki.flujos.org/