Re: build failure

Randy wrote:
> I am trying to build a live-kiosk-cd per these instructions
> http://jadoba.net/kiosks/firefox/

rather than re-inventing the wheel, it would maybe make sense to use
directly webconverger, or at least base your work on that. it's the
leading state of the art and fully free live-distribution in that area.

> I have made some changes because some of the lh_ options he uses don't seam to
> work with the version I have installed.  For instance his --sections must be
> --categories to work with my setup.

above howto dates back to 2007. live-helper has developed a bit since
then... :)

> $ lh_config -d squeeze -a i386 -b iso --debconf-frontend dialog --debconf-
> priority low --hostname Banker --username banker  --interactive shell --
> bootloader syslinux --bootstrap-flavor minimal --linux-flavours 686 --hooks
> "minimal kioskhook" --categories "main"

note that squeeze will not boot unless you have live-initramfs 1.157.4-1
 (for iso), and not yet fixed for usb-hdd images.

> until the libbz2-1.0...  at witch point it returns
>
> W: Failure while configuring base packages.

'lh config -d squeeze --packages libbz2-1.0 && lh build' works for me
(using live-helper and live-initramfs snapshots).

so, must be an error on your side. i suggest you follow the 'howto
report bugs' guidelines outlined in the manual.

> Where might I look for a log file?  Or is that an lh_ option I have to set on
> the command line?

live-helper 1.x does by default not write to a log file.