How do I fix this error

After the initial install of debian-live I was able to build 1 image following
the instructions in the manual.  After lh_clean --binary I can't build again.

I had made some  changes to the files not really understanding form the manual
what I was doing.  Then I discovered that I could not build a second image.  I
figured that I had corupted the debian-live install so I purged it and
reinstalled it.

Then I ran as root
lh_config -p xfce
lh_build

I get this error

P: Configuring file /etc/debian_chroot
/usr/bin/lh_chroot_debianchroot: line 49: chroot/etc/debian_chroot: No such
file or directory
P: Begin unmounting filesystem...

looking at /usr/bin/lh_chroot_debianchroot  I have this

31 case "${1}" in
32	install)
33		Echo_message "Configuring file /etc/debian_chroot"
.
.
44 if [ -fchroot/etc/debain_chroot ]
45 then
46	# Save chroot filesystem
47	mv chroot/etc/debian_chroot chroot/etc/debian_chroot.orig
48 fi
49

I am using a debian lenny32 install in virtual box.  It started as a net
install w/command line only.  Then I added in just enough gui to run xfce and
debian-liive.  The host system is debian squeeze(amd64) dist-upgrade form
lenny when it went stable.

--
if it ain't broke tweak it