Re: Schedule for the summer

On Tuesday 16 June 2009, 11:27:39, Daniel Baumann wrote:

>   * posting an (incomplete) plan of things to do for live-initramfs
>     2.x and live-initramfs 2.x.

This soundz interesting and challenging

>   * i'm invited to stay at otavios place who's living near porto alegre
>     for about a week (flight back is on 5th of july).
>
>     in that time, i'll be hacking on live-installer (weeding out
>     remaining bugs, and verifying that it works *identical* to d-i
>     without live-installer), and going on the nerves of otavio by asking
>     a lot of stupid questions about d-i.

Gorgeous, would you like to add feature X please ?

let X = support "module" boot param as in live-initramfs to use just a bunch
of files (and not all in alphabetical order as default) under /live to be
copied into /target/

>     if time permits, i'll also take up what was done already on getting
>     d-i launchable from the desktop (by loopmounting the initrd.img, see
>     ml archive for some discussion about it).

This would be great too, launchable from shell too could be nice; the use case
is similar: I test it, I like it, I install it.

>   * when i'm arriving home, i hopefully will get to know if i passed
>     exams i did in june.

Good Luck! (I think that '... in the wolf's mouth' we use in Italy in those
cases could be meaningless in CH)

>   * i'll attend debconf in caceres, spain.

>     in the second week, the actual debconf, lamby, marco and hopefully
>     also otavio will join, and i'm sure we can make some progress
>     on anything live related.

See you in Cáceres!

Nice summer plan, by the way.

--