Re: running live-helper in a chroot

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 07:50:26PM +0100, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 01:58:47PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> >> Do you know what version of debootstrap is required?

[...]

> >> but the build process - which used debootstrap from
> >> lenny - looked OK to me. Could using lennys debootstrap explain the
> >> "unable to open /dev/sda.."-problem?

Probably.

I just tried the same build script again, this time in a sid chroot,
and it worked perfectly, so the lenny version of debootstrap was the
problem. (So to build a sid image on a lenny system, I used the lenny
debootstrap to build a sid chroot, and inside that chroot I install
live-helper and run lh*)

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>