Re: Snapshot problems!!!

On Thursday 26 November 2009, 05:11:03, Rob Owens wrote:

> > Well!! All work fine... except snapshot!!! I don't know if I do something
> > bad or, in fact, I don't understand.

> > With live system running I do "live-snapshot -d /dev/hdb1" and
> > live-sn.cpio.gz is saved on /dev/hdb1 with all data cluster. But if I do
> > "live-snapshot -f" or "reboot", live-sn.cpio.gz is saved with nothing and
> > all persistent data is deleted.

This is ok, a reboot is required before snapshot to work or you will need to
add e.g. "export ROOTSNAP=/root:/dev/hdb1:live-sn.cpio.gz" in /etc/live.conf.

> I'm having a similar problem.  Could somebody post some basic
> instructions on how to properly use snapshots?

The way you used it is correct, last time I checked (months ago, on sid) it
worked, I'll look if any regression was introduced since.

--
basta vi prego -> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting
avoid that please! -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Top-posting

believed to be clean.