From: Daniel Baumann [daniel@debian.org]
Sent: 16 November 2009 11:22
To: debian-live@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re:

could you please not send mails that have no subjects, and could you
please use 72-chars a line as everyone else in the world does?

doing so otherwise really sucks and makes both reading and answering
your mails uselessly hard.

Anthony Sales wrote:
> apt-get install git-core libespeak-dev speakup-source
> git clone git://hubbs.homedns.org/speakup.git
> cd speakup
> cd contrib
> bunzip2 espeakup, tab
> tar -xvf espeakup, tab
> cd espeakup, tab
> make
> make install
> module-assistant prepare
> module-assistant auto-install speakup

i think there's no need for espeakup being installed manually, there's a
package in debian for that.

regarding the module, you may want to have a look at our various
all_*-modules.sh example hooks, it's the better way to do it.

> However, although all of this works during the interactive chroot terminal, speakup does not run when the CD boots.

i don't know speakup, you may want to ask on debian-accessibility
instead. once you know what you have to do, we can tell you how to
integrate it best with live-helper.