Re: Error while building live cd by live-helper

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 08:12:09PM -0400, Daryl Styrk wrote:
> Daniel Baumann wrote:
>> Kousik Maiti wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>> P: Begin bootstrapping system...
>>> P: If the following stage fails, the most likely cause of the problem is
>>> with your mirror configuration or a caching proxy.
>>> P: Running debootstrap (download-only)...
>> [...]
>>
>> did you read this?
>>

> This also happens when a package is not available.  IMHO it is a bug. If
> it is going to fail at least let the user know why it failed. "Unable to
> fetch foo exiting".. Or skip the failed package an move along with a
> notice at the end that foo bar and skip didn't make the cut.

I think once l-h lets you know that this is a debootstrap phase it is
clear the failure comes from debootstrap. Btw, If you google something like
"debootstrap "was corrupt"", you get a lot of debootstrap related issues (and
fixes), completely independent on l-h, which could help you there.

Regards,

--
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
http://tiagovaz.org