Re: Configurable persistent device names

Greetings,

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Tong Sun<suntong@cpan.org> wrote:
> Package: live-initramfs
> Severity: wishlist
>
> Hi,
>
> Currently live-initramfs will look for hard-coded partitions labeled
> "live-rw"/"home-rw", and files called "live-sn*"/"home-sn*" for
> persistent and snapshot partitions or files.
>
> This will cause problem when trying to run/test two or more
> live-initramfs based distros on the same machine. Different
> debian-live based distros need different persistent devices
> (partitions or files) and contents. Configurable persistent device
> names is the solution.

Well Marco would be the best to comment on this, but, since I recently
looked around the code, perhaps adding a boot param for persistent
custom name that could be appended to existing names would be an easy
solution. Then the user who wanted live-rw-sid would call the param
with paramName=-sid and then we could document how to name the
partition live-rw-sid.

Thoughts welcome.