Re: Debian-Live and persistence - Keep remove files

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, 18:25:58, Nicolas Turpault wrote:

> To remove files aufs use whiteout and create empty files (with the
> patern .wh.namefile) in the copy-on-write directory. To keep remove
> files we just have to copy the snapshot in the copy-on-write directory
> before mounting the root in aufs.
>
> So, is there a reason to copy the snapshot in the root directory instead
> of the cow directory?

Yes, to not depend upon the "union" system in use, which could be aufs,
unionfs (in earleier version LVM snapshots too) or nextUFS.

However a list of file to be removed could be included in some way to the
snapshot and have the code to take care of removing those files too, in a
union-type agnostic way.

--
ESC:wq

believed to be clean.