Re: Can't mount CIFS

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:
> Juergen Fiedler wrote:
>> I noticed that smbfs gets installed in the chroot, but doesn't
>> mount.cifs still doesn't end up in the initrd image.
>
> indeed, found the bug..
>
> workaround: symlink
> /usr/share/live-helper/examples/hooks/update-initramfs.sh into
> config/chroot_local-hooks
>
> proper fix:
> http://git.debian.net/?p=debian-live/live-helper.git;a=commitdiff;h=9a117417933050e28ff7f0e7ab38609a4e4eb644;hp=807b0be92dc1407163ce74405f3906ea81d98c5e

I just updated live-helper (to 1.0.4+20090502.0851) from
live.debian.net and it looks like the fix has already made it into
that one. I did notice, though, that the line that calls
update-initramfs seems to be missing one 'chroot'. I put one in
(Chroot chroot "update-initramfs -k all -t -u"), re-ran the lh_build
and have just booted my first Debian Live netboot image with a CIFS
mounted root, ever :)

Thanks,
 ~Juergen

PS: Thankyouthanyouthankyouthankyou! This rocks!