Re: how to include modules in initrd

Am Tuesday 28 April 2009 schrieb Daniel Baumann:

> Carsten wrote:

> > Hi all,

> Hi,

> > how to include any custom modules in initrd to load them before the

> > sqashfs can be accessed?

> you need an own initramfs hook that has the necessary

> 'manual_add_modules' calls, see hooks/live for an example.

> second, you need to place that hook into

> config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/my-acer-hook

> third, you need to make sure that the hook is processed, therefore

> symlink /usr/share/live-helper/examples/hooks/update-initramfs.sh into

> config/chroot_local-hooks.

> bonus points: create a package that contains the hook and rebuilds

> initrd in postinst, and put that packge into

> config/chroot_local-packages or put it into a repository and add that

> repository to config/chroot_local-sources (prefered method).

> > I try to make a live-system for an acer one 110l. It should be stored on

> > a sd-card. unfortunately the cardreader is not accessible without some

> > modules not included in the initrd build by live-helper.

> which one these are? if it's a common requirement, we may just add the

> module through live-initramfs itself.

Thanks a lot.

in the end it was't a module problem.

I try to make an acer one 110 (one of these small netbooks) boot from a live-system on a sd-card in the build in cardreader. But the modules are allready in the initrd build by live-helper.

But I run in another problem which I describe in a new posting.

cheers