Re: new live concept

may be i misunderstood....
1. you download a debian-live iso (wget debian-live.iso)
2. put the iso on a usb pen (cp /home/user/debian-live.iso /mnt/usbdisk )
3. plug the usb pen in a pc an boot from the iso on the usb disk
???
if you can do that then my distro is just a game
if you can't... my distro is a good game

2009/4/21 Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
Vito Tafuni wrote:
> if you put the iso on a usb-hdd (and install grub on the device) the
> distro starts from the usb-hdd without the need to "dd if=binary.img
> of=${USBSTICK}"

as far as i know, debian-live iso images should be bootable this way as
well.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email:          daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net