Re: new live concept

i've found debian-live today so i'm taking a deeper look at the project... i never tought there was a live debian!
but i think your distro is not capable to boot from an iso file on a usb disk... isn't it?
further more I don't use chroot... but i'm interesting to read more from the web site! it's an amazing project!

-Vito-

2009/4/21 Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
Vito Tafuni wrote:
>  i'm working on a live distro based on debian that is capable to boot
> either from cd (burning the iso) and from the iso itself (I used aufs
> and some bash scripting!) so you don't need to burn a cd for every live...
>
> it is also able to simulate a writing system even if it's on a cd so you
> can install all the sw you want using dpkg apt or whatever else
> what do you think?

hows that different from debian-live?

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email:          daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net