Re: a few questions

Depending on how fundamental you wish to be, you can leave your own
syslinux.cfg in config/binary_local-includes/boot/syslinux.cfg

syslinux.cfg is the file that all the others are included by.
By modifying that, you can bypass all the startup prompts and choices.

eg:

#bypass debian startup prompt by creating our own
mkdir -p config/binary_local-includes/syslinux
cat <<SYSLINUX_CFG > config/binary_local-includes/syslinux/syslinux.cfg
 DEFAULT linux
 LABEL linux
 SAY Now booting the kernel from SYSLINUX...
 kernel /live/vmlinuz1
 append initrd=/live/initrd1.img boot=live ${BOOT_OPTS} union=aufs
SYSLINUX_CFG

David