Re: Customized Configurations?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 10:08:22PM -0600, Richard Nelson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have found that I can add text files like xorg.conf.wacom in the
> > config/chroot_local-includes directory and they will be written to usb
> > drive system's root directory.  Thus, after the usb drive is booted the
> > configuration files can be copied to their apporopriate locations.
> > Clumsy, but workable.
> >

> Unsure why you say clumsy, I find it very logical and it has served me well.
> I would suggest that you examine the manual ( it is under construction but),
> it may answer many of your questions:
>
>  http://live.debian.net/manual/

Clumsy only because it requires two steps - one an addition to
config/chroot_local-includes and the second to edit the finished system
after boot up.  Some of these edits are not preserved after a shutdown
and reboot.

I was wrong about xorg.conf.wacom. The file was in
/etc/X11 of the finished system so it was only the package versions of
resolve.conf and interfaces which were not overwritten.

It was by studying the manual that I learned how to do this.  I thought
it said that the package configuration files would be overwritten after
the package was installed.  Apparently I was mistaken.  In fact, the
.bashrc file I put in /home/user was preserved but rather Sun
Microsystems Setup added a section to the end of my file.

Tom