Customized Configurations?

To customize certain configurations I added my configurations to
config/chroot_local-includes with the following script:

#!/bin/bash

LOCATION=/data/DebianLive/config/chroot_local-includes/
echo $LOCATION
cd $LOCATION
mkdir root
mkdir etc
cd etc
mkdir X11
mkdir network
cd ..
mkdir home
cd home
mkdir user

cp  /root/.bashrc $LOCATION/root
cp /home/tom/.bashrc $LOCATION/home/user

cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf $LOCATION/etc/X11/xorg.conf.wacom
cp /etc/resolv.conf $LOCATION/etc
cp /etc/hosts $LOCATION/etc
cp /etc/network/interfaces $LOCATION/etc/network/interfaces

Some of this worked - the .bashrc files and the host file - and some did
not - the package resolv.conf and interfaces files were not overwritten
and no file xorg.conf.wacom was created.

I have found that I can add text files like xorg.conf.wacom in the
config/chroot_local-includes directory and they will be written to usb
drive system's root directory.  Thus, after the usb drive is booted the
configuration files can be copied to their apporopriate locations.
Clumsy, but workable.

Tom